Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Law Kim Soon <ki...@tm.net.my> on 2001/11/19 14:19:32 UTC

SSL doubts

Hi all,
I'm developing a transaction-based application and my main focus is on the encription of the customer's credit card number.How can i achieve that objective?
At this moment,half of this application has been completed except for the "payment" function and is running
under tomcat 3.2.1 + apache 1.3.22 under win98.Right now,i have no idea how a SSL works i don't know how to configure the SSL.Hope to learn from you people.
Thank you all!

Regards,
Andy

Re: SSL doubts

Posted by "Lukman W. Kusuma" <lu...@commverge.com>.
You might want to take a look at this :
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/tomcat-ssl-howto.html

This was my first page I read when I setup my Tomcat with SSL. The only
difference with you is my Tomcat is running without Apache at all. Once
it was all setup, I just need to develop it as a normal application.

Lukman

Re: SSL doubts

Posted by Alessandro Staltari <ml...@studiobalbi.it>.
> "payment" function and is running
> under tomcat 3.2.1 + apache 1.3.22 under win98.Right now,i have no idea
> how a SSL works i don't know how to configure the SSL.
> Hope to learn from you people.

I suggest you to visit http://www.modssl.org

Regards

Alessandro Staltari