Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2005/06/16 09:42:24 UTC

V*I*A*

I just received some spam built like
Is there any way to detect these?

Wolfgang Hamann

Re: rewrite_header Subject

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Matt Kettler" <mk...@evi-inc.com>

> Rick Macdougall wrote:
>
> > rewrite_header subject *****SPAM(_SCORE_)*****
> >
> > man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf is your friend
>
> For completeness, two caveats apply to this.
>
> 1) the above syntax is for SA 3.0.0 or higher. 2.xx won't make sense of
it.

> 2) If you are using a MTA integration tool that does it's own markups
> (MailScanner, possibly qmail-scanner and mimedefang), then this setting
won't do
> anything.

And if it will work this one will work better:
*****SPAM***** _SCORE(00)_ **

That will clearly mark spam and give a nice three digit score that can
be alpha sorted in your spam directory. That makes going through spam
a breeze. I effectively never see the higher score spam subjects. I just
look at the low scores, cull a few for Bayes training and false markups.
Then I delete the lot. (Sometimes I setup awkward test rules with really
high scores. That means I take a look at the high end of the list to see
if they hit the way I want. These are for things I consider "sure spam",
most of the time. Then I adjust the scores to something sane.)

{^_-}

Re: rewrite_header Subject

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.

Re: rewrite_header Subject

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@nougen.com>.
lists@zeta.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> a while back, someone mentioned that they had configured SA to modify
> the subject to include the SA score like:
>
> *****SPAM(10.2)*****
>
> Is this easy to do?  What is the syntax to acheive this in my local.cf
> file?
>
> Regards,
> Devin

Hi,

rewrite_header subject *****SPAM(_SCORE_)*****

man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf is your friend

Rick

rewrite_header Subject

Posted by li...@zeta.net.

Re: V*I*A*

Posted by Chris Stone <cs...@axint.net>.
On Thursday 16 June 2005 01:42 am, hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
> I just received some spam built like
> V<span style="display: none"> some words </span>I<span style="display:
> none"> more text </span>I Is there any way to detect these?

Here's what I use:

rawbody SENET_DISPNONE     /\<span.+style=.+display:\s?none/i
describe SENET_DISPNONE    Hidden text via css attributes
score SENET_DISPNONE    2.15

Re: V*I*A*

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> I just received some spam built like
> V<span style="display: none"> some words </span>I<span style="display:
none"> more text </span>I
> Is there any way to detect these?

Sure.  rawbody or full rule.

        Loren

Re: V*I*A*

Posted by Christian Recktenwald <sp...@citecs.de>.
On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 09:42:24AM +0200, hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
> I just received some spam built like
> Is there any way to detect these?

If I run this through SA I get:

 3.1 HTML_OBFUSCATE_40_50   BODY: Message is 40% to 50% HTML obfuscation
 1.0 J_BACKHAIR_14          FULL: 1 letters - Unsightly html tag - 4

so you may want to increase the score for J_BACKHAIR_14 ...
backhair is published on SARE

--
Christian Recktenwald      :                         :
citecs GmbH                :                         :

Re: V*I*A*

Posted by Kevin Golding <ke...@caomhin.demon.co.uk>.
In article <42...@amadeus3.local>, hamann.w@t-
online.de writes
>I just received some spam built like
>more text </span>I
>Is there any way to detect these?

Working on the logic that display:none is highly unlikely to ever appear
in ham I have the following rule, albeit scored fairly low for now.

rawbody     CSS_HIDDEN1 /(?:display\s*:\s*none)/i

Probably someone better than I will be able to improve on it but...

Kevin

Re: V*I*A*

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
 wrote on Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:42:24 +0200:

> Is there any way to detect these?

detect this: <span style="display: none"> ???

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany