Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/25 11:58:26 UTC

[Codec] Base45

Base45 anyone ;-)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-base45/

Gary

Re: [Codec] Base45

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
AFAICT it's possible for one or two spaces to appear at the start of
an encoded string.
(Spaces cannot appear at the end)

This won't matter if the encoding is only ever converted into a QR code.
But it seems a strange choice to allow spaces ...

Re: [Codec] Base45

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
My bad - done. By the way - in the Branch ‘tight-nc’ is also a variation which is in common use in the blockchain/bitcoin community. It requires BigNum - but is slightly more compact.

Dw

Re: [Codec] Base45

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Ping?

Re: [Codec] Base45

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Codec] Base45

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

Re: [Codec] Base45

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

I asked the authors if they can share background info or want to contribute a implementation here.

Gruß
Bernd
--
https://Bernd.eckenfels.net