Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yuri Dario <mc...@mclink.it> on 2012/06/26 17:43:38 UTC

OS/2 missing strings id 3005 and 17500

Hi,

at first startup of AOO, in the splash screen I see a message about a
'missing resource id 3005'.
String resource 17500 is missing in the OO file dialog.

Where are these strings built?

thanks!

--
Bye,

	Yuri Dario

/*
 * OS/2 open source software
 * http://web.os2power.com/yuri
 * http://www.netlabs.org
*/

Re: OS/2 missing strings id 3005 and 17500

Posted by Yuri Dario <mc...@mclink.it>.
Hi Ariel,

> I see you changed the resource name in the makefile and
> main/scp2/source/ooo/file_resource_ooo.scp
> Is this really needed? As you have seen, changing the resource name is
> rather error prone.

I was not aware about relationship between module name and resources.

Now I'm going to shorten dll name changing SH1TARGET macro instead of
TARGET. And I will revert scp2 changes.

> Crashing is never a feature ;) at least not in a product build.

ok, I will open a specific bug for it.

--
Bye,

	Yuri Dario

/*
 * OS/2 open source software
 * http://web.os2power.com/yuri
 * http://www.netlabs.org
*/

Re: OS/2 missing strings id 3005 and 17500

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Yuri,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:10:45AM +0000, Yuri Dario wrote:
> > Res. id. 3005, in the context you mentioned, is
> > RID_STR_SYNCHRONIZING_REPOSITORY in
> > main/desktop/source/deployment/manager/dp_manager.src
> > I cannot reproduce the missing resource here, nor can find something
> > wrong in the source code. Try setting a conditional break point in
>
> I found the reason: the code is correct, but DEPLOYMENT.DLL is built
> as DEPLOY.DLL using a shorter TARGET name in makefile.mk; thus also
> res files are built with short name, while code expects to find the
> long name.

I see you changed the resource name in the makefile and
main/scp2/source/ooo/file_resource_ooo.scp

Is this really needed? As you have seen, changing the resource name is
rather error prone.

> This explains also the crash in extension manager, Resource::GetRes()
> in RC.CXX crashes because of null pointer. Is this a feature or a bug?

Crashing is never a feature ;) at least not in a product build.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: OS/2 missing strings id 3005 and 17500

Posted by Yuri Dario <mc...@mclink.it>.
Hi Ariel,

Posted by Yuri Dario <mc...@mclink.it>.
Hi Ariel,

> and the bug should be fixed with revision 1354260. Verify by opening the

ok, this is fixed now, thanks.

> I cannot reproduce the missing resource here, nor can find something
> wrong in the source code. Try setting a conditional break point in
> dp_misc::getResourceString for id==3005, here I get the string as
> expected: "Synchronizing repository for %NAME extensions"

I'll check it tomorrow

thanks!

--
Bye,

	Yuri Dario

/*
 * OS/2 open source software
 * http://web.os2power.com/yuri
 * http://www.netlabs.org
*/

Re: OS/2 missing strings id 3005 and 17500

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Yuri,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 03:43:38PM +0000, Yuri Dario wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at first startup of AOO, in the splash screen I see a message about a
> 'missing resource id 3005'.
> String resource 17500 is missing in the OO file dialog.
>
> Where are these strings built?

Res. id. 17500 is STR_SVT_MIMETYPE_CNT_FSYSBOX  in svl

main/svl/inc/svl/svl.hrc
main/svl/source/misc/mediatyp.src

and the bug should be fixed with revision 1354260. Verify by opening the
office filepicker, press the "Up One Level" menu button to display the
PopupMenu, without the patch the root file system has no label or, in
a non product build, a label indicating a missing resource; with the
patch you should see "Workplace" as label.