Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Philipp Kraus <ph...@tu-clausthal.de> on 2022/06/24 21:09:29 UTC

Global plugins and properties for multi maven project with different parent-child structure

Hello,

I try to optimize my maven build structure. My goal is that I can manage the build plugins and properties globally. I have got a multi maven project with this structure

Pom.xml

| service
|        parent/pom.xml => has got a <parent> section to external spring-boot
|        apiservice/pom.xml. => referees <parent> to ../parent
|
| container
|       parent/pom.xml.  => own parent pom.xml
|       containerA/pom.xml => has got a <aprent> section to ../parent

For all my submodules a lot of plugins and properties are equal, so I would like to manage it in a central place e.g. the root/pom.xml if possible. I have also tested the maven-properties-plugin
But I would like to manage also plugin version central and this does not work with the plugin.

So my question is, how can I define the these section build/plugins and build/pluginManagement for all modules?

Thanks