Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Jagan Pappula <p....@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 09:23:48 UTC

Felix shutdown

Hi all,

Is it possible to shutdown felix programmatically from java code?

I need a way to manage(start / stop)  felix from java code.

Thanks
--Jagan.

Re: Felix shutdown

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:23, Jagan Pappula <p....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to shutdown felix programmatically from java code?

If you can get the system bundle (id 0) you can call stop() on it to
stop the framework, just like any other bundle.

(You can use permissions to stop untrusted bundles from doing this.)

The new framework launching API will make it really easy to start and
stop embedded frameworks - there's an example in our sample code for
the OSGi in Action book, which you can find in the 'osgi-in-action'
google code project.

HTH

--
Cheers, Stuart