Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Granvin <Ro...@metrostate.edu> on 2004/12/14 23:01:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Affecting module execution order in Apache 2

Greetings.

This may or may not be a naive question, but I can't find an answer to
it at the moment.

Is there a way to instruct Apache 2 to process modules in a different
order than it does normally?

I need to have mod_rewrite execute -after- mod_dir (?) completes a
trailing slash URL with a hit from DirectoryIndex.  (i.e.,
"server.org/directory/" translates to
"server.org/directory/index.html".)

I need to process the URL with mod_rewrite after the "index.html" (or
index.php, or index.cfm, or...) has been applied to the URL.

In Apache 1.x, this occurred naturally in the order that I wished, so
the mod_rewrite rules worked.  In Apache 2, apparently this happens in
reverse order and I can't find a way to instruct it to behave
differently.

Any insight is most appreciated.  Email directly back to this account
is most appreciated.

Thanks..!
/bob

\\ Robert J. Granvin