Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John Rodger <jr...@SolutionsIQ.com> on 2005/03/21 19:56:35 UTC

Authentication options (AD and password file)

Hello, I have subversion authenticating to Active Directory, but it
seems that I may need to also authenticate non-AD users to the same
repositories.  I've tried to add extra line to the conf file, using a
regular static password file through apache, but it does not seem to
want to work.

Has anyone accomplished this, or have any advice on how to proceed?
What I am looking for is for subversion to query AD, and when no user
is found consult a local password file (htaccess or similar).

Thanks!

Re: Authentication options (AD and password file)

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
"John Rodger" <jr...@SolutionsIQ.com> wrote on 03/21/2005 02:56:35 PM:

> Hello, I have subversion authenticating to Active Directory, but it
> seems that I may need to also authenticate non-AD users to the same
> repositories.  I've tried to add extra line to the conf file, using a
> regular static password file through apache, but it does not seem to
> want to work.
>
> Has anyone accomplished this, or have any advice on how to proceed?
> What I am looking for is for subversion to query AD, and when no user
> is found consult a local password file (htaccess or similar).

Apache does the authentication, not Subversion.  You need to find the
right "Apache" way to handle this.  Of the top of my head, I would think
you would use two location directives, once for each authentiation method,
and the user would have to use a different URL based on the authentication
method.

Mark