Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Moser, Christian" <cm...@metrohm.com> on 2010/12/16 14:58:32 UTC

no dependency information available

Hello

I'm using maven 3.0.1

I got following ouput everytime I've built a child project. The missing
dependencies are declared in the parent project. The curious thing is
that the build never fails and the [WARNING] messages are displayed at
the end of the build. Futhermore are all of those "missing" dependencies
found in my local repository..

[WARNING] The POM for com.incors:alloy:jar:1.4.5 is missing, no
dependency information available

[WARNING] The POM for com.interactive.jcarnacpro:jcarnacpro:jar:2.6.0 is
missing, no dependency information available

[WARNING] The POM for com.interactive.jcarnacpro:axes_util:jar:2.6.0 is
missing, no dependency information available

[WARNING] The POM for com.interactive.jcarnacpro:int_gui:jar:2.6.0 is
missing, no dependency information available

[WARNING] The POM for com.interactive.jcarnacpro:int_icons:jar:2.6.0 is
missing, no dependency information available

[WARNING] The POM for com.interactive.jcarnacpro:int_util:jar:2.6.0 is
missing, no dependency information available

[WARNING] The POM for net.sourceforge.cglib:cglib-nodep:jar:2.2 is
missing, no dependency information available

If I delete those dependencies from my local repo, Maven will download
those deps from artifactory but with following error:

Downloaded:
http://sp1:8081/artifactory/libs-releases/com/interactive/jcarnacpro/int
_gui/2.6.0/int_gui-2.6.0.jar (73 KB at 39.2 KB/sec)

Downloading:
http://sp1:8081/artifactory/libs-releases/com/interactive/jcarnacpro/int
_icons/2.6.0/int_icons-2.6.0.jar

Checksum validation failed, no checksums available from the repository
for
http://sp1:8081/artifactory/libs-releases/com/interactive/jcarnacpro/int
_icons/2.6.0/int_icons-2.6.0.jar

Perhaps, there's a combination between this failed checksum validation
and the missing deps error? The missing deps were all deployed by hand
with the artifactory web interface. I don't have any problems with my
local deployed projects which were created by my own and deployed with
maven 3.

Do you know in which cases the "missing dependencies error" will occour?
I'm not able to reproduce the error yet..

Greets Chris

AW: no dependency information available

Posted by "Moser, Christian" <cm...@metrohm.com>.
I've fixed the problem with the missing checksums in artifactory, I was able to generate them with admin rights.
The problem with the missing pom still remains, it seems this is a maven 3.0.1 bug..

--
Wendy

Re: no dependency information available

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.