Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com> on 2011/08/21 14:28:34 UTC

Re: Unable to extract the values from URL

Scientifically impossible. I suppose you could try, but the universe might
implode or something.

What you are talking about is not correlation but parametisation. Big
difference. You might find reading though the basic concepts for JMeter -
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html here  - will help. Probably, I
guess, one  area that might address your immediate concern is this
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config
CSV Dataset Config . But really, without knowing what these URL params are
for its hard to tell.

Re: Unable to extract the values from URL

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
> Is there any other option to handle dynamic query string URL values.
The usual way is the same - extract out the value using a post processor and
add it,

>Also I'm not able to find those dyn session values in previuos pages
Look at it from a browsers perspective. Either the values must be there  in
the previous pages or they are generated using javascript (or in some cases
from a cookie). Access your site using a browser and use for e.g. Fiddler.
This can save the responses and then you can inspect each response to see
where this value is from. Do not look at the previous responses in Jmeter -
its possible you are making a mistake there and you are getting incorrect
data returned

regards
deepak

Posted by Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com>.
Still not possible. You can't extract a value from the response to a request,
and then use it in the same request - well, maybe if you had a time machine.
OK, assuming you don't have a time machine, then you can't do this.

In general, you might find benefit if you read through
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/ these pages .

-----
http://www.http503.com/

Re: Unable to extract the values from URL