Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 09:33:09 UTC

Re: When a search query comes to a replica what happens?

Hi Otis;

I've read at somewhere says that if you have one replica and 1000 query per
second search rate and if you switch to 5 replica you may get 200 qps
search rate. What do you think about that and how Solr parallelize
searching within replicas? By the way when you say replica do you mean both
replica and leader (because of leader is a replica too) or nodes of shard
except for leader?