Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl> on 2003/02/28 17:06:13 UTC

service init problem in CVS HEAD

Hi,

I have some problems getting the current cvs HEAD of turbine-2 up and
running. The service initialization is not complete.

I've build the current cvs HEAD of the turbine-2 repo, adjusted my maven
dependencies, copied the TurbineResources.properties file from the
turbine-2/conf dir to my webapp and created my webapp with maven
war:webapp.

When I run my app in Tomcat, the log file shows that the PullService is
never initialized and the VelocityService only gets initialized after
the first template request fails.
The session service, which is configured as earlyInit=true is not
initialized either.

Has something big happened to the TurbineServices code ??

Does anyone have a 2.3-dev app running at the moment ?

Age

Re: service init problem in CVS HEAD

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Age Mooy" <am...@home.nl> writes:

Hi,

>org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration.getBoolean(BaseConfigu=
>ration.java:641)
>	at =
>org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration.getBoolean(BaseConfigu=
>ration.java:599)
>	at =

the error comes from Commons Configuration. Maybe your application uses
different jars than your build environment?

	Regards
		Henning

RE: service init problem in CVS HEAD

Posted by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl>.

> >Does anyone have a 2.3-dev app running at the moment ?
>
> Yes.
>
> % grep -i earlyinit
> jakarta/jakarta-turbine-2/conf/TurbineResources.properties
> services.PullService.earlyInit= true
> services.VelocityService.earlyInit= true
> services.SchedulerService.earlyInit=true
>

> You need this in your TR.props with the 2.3-dev code.

I've got that but I get a nice "java.lang.ClassCastException:
'earlyInit' doesn't map to a Boolean object" for my trouble. I fiddled
with the whitespace around the "=true" a bit but that didn’t help
either.

Any idea what might be going wrong here ? I built turbine-2 about two
hours ago...

I attached my TRP (named turbine.properties) and the relevant
turbine.log file. The TRP is copied straight from the turbine-2 repo
with the addition of the earlyInit stuff.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Age Mooy" <am...@home.nl> writes:

>When I run my app in Tomcat, the log file shows that the PullService is
>never initialized and the VelocityService only gets initialized after
>the first template request fails.
>The session service, which is configured as earlyInit=true is not
>initialized either.

>Has something big happened to the TurbineServices code ??

=%-)