Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kyle Robinson <KR...@pangaeainc.com> on 2001/03/15 00:34:42 UTC

ActionForm (DataObject) generator?

We are using Struts with an Oracle database as the backend.  We don't really
feel like handwriting 100's of java files (one for each table).  Does anyone
know of a good db table -> java object generator?  Preferably open source?

Thanks

Kyle Robinson
Systems Consultant
Pangaea Systems Inc.
(250) 360-0111

Re: ActionForm (DataObject) generator?

Posted by Tom Miller <tm...@kdsi.net>.
Kyle

See jRelationalFramework at www.sourceforge.com. I find this an
outstanding framework, and I've been very successful combining it with
Struts.
--
Tom Miller
Miller Associates, Inc.

Posted by Ben Soedjono <be...@delphis.com>.
Try  http://sundararajan.tripod.com/java_course/db.htm . At the bottom
is the link for downloads. The file type shows .gif. Download and rename
to file type .zip. Then extract it.

Ben Soedjono
Delphi Consultants LLC

Kyle Robinson wrote:

>  We are using Struts with an Oracle database as the backend.  We don't
> really feel like handwriting 100's of java files (one for each
> table).  Does anyone know of a good db table -> java object
> generator?  Preferably open source?ThanksKyle Robinson
> Systems Consultant
> Pangaea Systems Inc.
> (250) 360-0111

Re: ActionForm (DataObject) generator?

Try  Town : http://www.working-dogs.com/town
It has a built-in object-relational mapping utility named ormapmaker.

Its documentation is very concise, but it works.

Posted by Flying Cloud <fl...@prodigy.net>.
Try Expresso : http://www.jcorporate.com
It has a built-in object-relational mapping utility
http://www.jcorporate.com/html/products/expresso/dbobj.html