Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Joshua M Olson <Jo...@raytheon.com> on 2005/11/07 20:42:07 UTC

Create Repository Failure

I am having trouble getting a repository created.  Just started using
subversion for win2000 and get errors saying;

svnadmin create /path/to/repos
svnadmin: Repository creation failed
svnadmin: Could not create top-level directory
svnadmin: can't create directory '\path\to\repos': The system cannot fine
the path specified.

I have created directory /path/to in order to follow the quick start
section as closely as possible but still get this error.

Josh

Joshua M. Olson
Systems Engineer I
Guidance, Navigation and Control Center
520.545.8758 Phone
520.794.9570 Fax
Joshua_M_Olson@raytheon.com

Re: Create Repository Failure

Posted by Brad <br...@insightbb.com>.
> > I am having trouble getting a repository created.  Just started
> > using subversion for win2000 and get errors saying;

> > svnadmin create /path/to/repos
> > svnadmin: Repository creation failed
> > svnadmin: Could not create top-level directory

> /path/to/repos doesn't look like any Windows filesystem path I've
> ever seen.  I think you want svn create D:\repos_directory

The svnadmin program will recognize the forward slashes in the path and
operate correctly, even on Windows.  However, Windows mkdir command
doesn't recognize the forward slash as a valid path seperator, only the
backslash.

If you do this:

    md \path\to
    svnadmin create /path/to/repos

it should work.  At least it does on my Windows XP Pro, SP2 machine.

Re: Create Repository Failure

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.