Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Arvind Jayaprakash <wo...@anomalizer.net> on 2011/08/08 17:20:23 UTC

per table region size

It is possible to control the region size (hstore size) on a per table
basis? I have certain applications where the overall keyspace is small
but I'd like the data to spread nicely over many region servers that use
a certain table and another one that has potentially 2 orders of
magnitude of data and I'd like to keep the region count small in this
case.

Prespliitnig is probably not an option since both tables exist already.

Re: per table region size

Posted by Ravi Veeramachaneni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you can, by specifying MAX_FILESIZE on the table creation or using
alter command for an existing table. You need to disable the table before
changing and may run compaction if needed.