Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Paul Szego <pa...@nebulon.com> on 2002/03/01 09:15:58 UTC

Can it work on serlvet 2.2?

Hi,

just wondering what servlet API the TDK 2.1 is built against. The
"Building the TDK" page mentions a requirement:

	ServletAPI    tc-3.2    servlet.jar    12 Dec 2000

which I guess means Tomcat 3.2, but it's bundled with Tomcat 4. And the
page might be out of date. What I really want to know is whether I can
deploy it on Tomcat 3.x, which is only servlet 2.2.

Does anyone know? How could I find out?

If it is built against servlet API 2.3, is there any feature that relies
on this? Could I build it against 2.2?

Regards, PaulS.

Re: Can it work on serlvet 2.2?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: Paul Szego <pa...@nebulon.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> just wondering what servlet API the TDK 2.1 is built against. The
> "Building the TDK" page mentions a requirement:
>
> ServletAPI    tc-3.2    servlet.jar    12 Dec 2000
>
> which I guess means Tomcat 3.2, but it's bundled with Tomcat 4. And the
> page might be out of date. What I really want to know is whether I can
> deploy it on Tomcat 3.x, which is only servlet 2.2.
>
> Does anyone know? How could I find out?
>
> If it is built against servlet API 2.3, is there any feature that relies
> on this? Could I build it against 2.2?
>
> Regards, PaulS.

In short: Yes.  I have a turbine 2.1 app deployed on tomcat 3.1 - 3.2 should
be no problem.

Scott