Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Sean Gilligan <se...@msgilligan.com> on 2008/02/20 09:50:16 UTC

Multidomain issue and WIP on Configurable Domain Resolution

I've been playing with Dave's  patch.  I set up a test install on my
personal domain with 4 blogs
http://roller.msgilligan.com/roller  is the frontpage blog.  If you roll
over the "Hello World" recent entry with the mouse, you'll find that the
"Hello World" link generates a correct absolute URL to the entry
instead of http://code.msgilligan.com/code)  I haven't had a chance to
trace this, but my guess is that the relative (as opposed to) absolute
URL generation is being used here.  The same problem is occurring on the
Weblog directory page.

I'm also working on patches to implement "Configurable Domain
Resolution" and have updated the wiki with some "straw man" thoughts.
I'm definitely over my head here, but was hoping that someone who is
familiar with the relevant code could take a look and tell me if I'm
barking up the right tree.  Having Weblog.getURL() call
Weblog.getAbsoluteURL() may fix the above issue, but it may also
introduce problems elsewhere.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sean

Re: Multidomain issue and WIP on Configurable Domain Resolution

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Sean Gilligan <se...@msgilligan.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Dave.  I've fixed the problem in the frontpage theme. I also
>  made one fix to MainMenu.jsp.  I can submit the changes when I finish
>  the other sub/multidomain changes or as a separate patch. Which do you
>  prefer?

Either way is fine by me. I'm not planning on updating my multi-domain
install anytime soon.

- Dave

Re: Multidomain issue and WIP on Configurable Domain Resolution

Posted by Sean Gilligan <se...@msgilligan.com>.
Thanks, Dave.  I've fixed the problem in the frontpage theme. I also
made one fix to MainMenu.jsp.  I can submit the changes when I finish
the other sub/multidomain changes or as a separate patch. Which do you
prefer?

-- Sean

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.