Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "c.Kleinhuis" <ck...@digitalgott.de> on 2010/05/14 11:11:14 UTC

arguments for couchdb - binary data output ?

 Hello,

one more question is, how is json output comparable to direct binary
output, in my eyes
the json is the compactest human readable transfer format, and the
difference json<->binary
is far less than compared to xml<->binary

what do you think ?

thx
ck

Re: arguments for couchdb - binary data output ?

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
please start new threads when posting to the ML

but back to topic: I'm not sure what you want to know/hear. In terms of efficiency, sure, binary is much more "transport"-efficient then json/text. But json on the other hand is a perfect fit for web-centric application (json is a subset of javascript e.g.)...