Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Brian Abbott <br...@awarepoint.com> on 2004/01/21 22:56:56 UTC

Serializer/Handler/Provider Usage

Hi,

            I was wondering if anyone could give me a good overview of when
to use a serializer vs a handler vs a provider. I had a very specific
sequence of XML that I needed placed in a RPC response and ultimately ended
up writing a provider for it. By the way, I noticed a while back that
someone had mentioned registering a provider in a file
(org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.Provider) however, I think a better way is
to call WSDDProvider.registerProvider(QName, WSDDProvider). Anyway, this had
me thinking, it's not very clear when the appropriate time to use a
serializer or a handler or a provider is. Does anyone have any good
information on this?

Thanks

Brian Abbott