Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/10 22:22:45 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating) Released

The Apache Usergrid team is happy to announce the availability of our first
release from the Apache Incubator, known as Apache Usergrid 1.0. This
release
is a source-code only release that includes these components:

* The Usergrid Stack - a Java-based web application that provides a
complete
Backend-As-A-Service (BaaS) as a set of REST APIs for user management,
authentication, JSON entity indexing, query and much more. The Stack
is backed by Apache Cassandra and ready for deployment on Apache Tomcat.

* The Usergrid Portal - a comprehensive developer portal that allows
multiple organizations to manage applications, users, groups, permissions
and the data stored in Usergrid. The portal is written in HTML5, JavaScript
and the Angular framework.

* The Usergrid SDKs - clients for programming Usergrid applications
for JavaScript, Node.js, Java, Ruby, iOS, Android, Dot-Net and more.

* The Usergrid Launcher - makes it easy to experiment with Usergrid
on your local computer by launching Usergrid with embedded Cassandra
and a web server.

This is our first release at Apache, but Usergrid has been in production
use at some sites for over two years. Download the source, build it,
try it out and please join us in making it better and easier to use.

The release files can be found on Apache mirrors world-wide:
     http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/usergrid/usergrid-1/v1.0.0

Documentation for Apache Usergrid can be found on our website here:
     http://usergrid.incubator.apache.org/docs/

And in Git here:
     https://github.com/apache/incubator-usergrid

Thanks!

The Apache Usergrid Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating) Released

Posted by Chris Rogers <ch...@zeta.net>.
Okay Rod that's fine. Cheers for your support

Kindest Regards

Chris Rogers
Digital Developer
chris@zeta.net
@portchris <https://twitter.com/SamJohnAllen>

​
​www.zeta.net
01202 237137
@ZetaAgency <https://twitter.com/ZetaAgency>

Posted by Rod Simpson <ro...@rodsimpson.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Rogers <ch...@zeta.net>.
Rod,

Posted by Rod Simpson <ro...@rodsimpson.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Rogers <ch...@zeta.net>.

Posted by Chris Rogers <ch...@zeta.net>.

Posted by Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com>.
Awesome!

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I jumped the gun on the release announcement.

Apparently, the release files have not been copied to the mirrors yet.
Folks will have to wait a bit before they will be able to download our
release from a mirror.

- Dave

Posted by Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com>.
Awesome!