Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajesh parab <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/16 01:16:20 UTC

Index generation failure

Hi,

I have a question on index generation. What if the index generation fails for some reason, may be disk full, or any other reason? Does it make the index corrupt? I mean, can we still use the index created so far or we need to re-generate the entire index?

Secondly, what are possible scenarios for index generation failure apart from desk full, too many open files, etc?

Regards,
Rajesh