Posted to user@tika.apache.org by "Allison A." <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/23 02:59:56 UTC

Tika server RTF processing

I am wondering if the RTF parser is working in Tika server 1.13 or 1.14 via
an Ajax call.

I have tried both versions, but it seems I was not able to pass an Ajax
call to Tika server, getting the 422 error,unprocessable entity. It worked
fine with other MS office documents, Word, Excel, etc except RTF.

Thanks in advance.

Allison

RE: Tika server RTF processing

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Thank you for following up!

Posted by "Allison A." <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Timothy,

I was calling tika-server through an ajax call using formdata, so I
couldn't specify the content type (as I know of), but at last I found what
caused it as when I processed RFTs in a command line, they worked fine.

FYI, this is how I call the server as follows:

            $.ajax({
                url: http://localhost:9998/tika/form,
                type: 'POST',
                data: formData,
                dataType: 'json',
                processData: false,
                contentType: false,
            })

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

Posted by "Allison A." <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Allison A." <al...@gmail.com>.
Sure, but it seems more likely in happening in Ajax calls as I am getting
the 422 error, unprocessable entity. Here are errors and a sample RFT,

Thanks.

[image: Inline image 2]
[image: Inline image 3]

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.