Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/03/23 18:00:23 UTC

Ubuntu cmake woes - update

Hello again.
one interesting thing I've just noticed is that if I manually do:

sudo ldconfig

then qpidd stops barfing with "qpidd: error while loading shared
libraries: libqpidbroker.so.2.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory" yay!!

However I still get:

qpidd
2013-03-23 16:55:13 [Broker] critical Unexpected error: Error in
configuration file /usr/local/etc/qpid/qpidd.conf: Bad argument:
|cluster-mechanism=DIGEST-MD5 ANONYMOUS|

Use --help to see valid options

Does anyone have any idea? I can clearly comment out that line in
qpidd.conf, but qpidd.conf with "cluster-mechanism=DIGEST-MD5 ANONYMOUS"
is the same as qpid 0.20 which worked fine (albeit using automake)

Rob, if you were getting things to run OK by doing ./qpidd in your
bld/src directory you might want to try sudo ldconfig to see if you can
get your installed qpidd to run OK. I take it you're not seeing the
config file error? Are you building 0.21 off trunk?

Re: Ubuntu cmake woes - update

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 03/23/2013 01:00 PM, Fraser Adams wrote:
> Hello again.
> one interesting thing I've just noticed is that if I manually do:
>
> sudo ldconfig
>
> then qpidd stops barfing with "qpidd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libqpidbroker.so.2.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory" yay!!
>
> However I still get:
>
> qpidd
> 2013-03-23 16:55:13 [Broker] critical Unexpected error: Error in configuration
> file /usr/local/etc/qpid/qpidd.conf: Bad argument: |cluster-mechanism=DIGEST-MD5
> ANONYMOUS|
>
> Use --help to see valid options
>

> Does anyone have any idea? I can clearly comment out that line in qpidd.conf,
> but qpidd.conf with "cluster-mechanism=DIGEST-MD5 ANONYMOUS" is the same as qpid
> 0.20 which worked fine (albeit using automake)

The old cluster plugin has been removed so we should definitely remove that line
from the default config file.  I've no idea why this doesn't affect your
automake build equally.