Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2011/02/21 18:23:57 UTC

mass-check using network checks with --net?

hi all --

I've been having some problems with the SOUGHT generation backend --
it appears current trunk's "mass-check" is taking a very long time
(ie. multiple days for 20k messages), without the --net switch.  I
noticed some warnings previously which referred to the AskDNS plugin.
is there a possibility this is accessing DNS on each message even
without --net?

--j.

Re: mass-check using network checks with --net?

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
> fwiw, removing 70_sandbox.cf hasn't had too much effect on that, so
> it's a promoted rule in 72_active.cf.

loadplugin HitFreqsRuleTiming masses/plugins/HitFreqsRuleTiming.pm

results in: ./timing.log

  Mark

Re: mass-check using network checks with --net?

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.

Posted by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com>.
On 2/21/2011 7:23 AM, Justin Mason wrote:
> hi all --
>
> I've been having some problems with the SOUGHT generation backend --
> it appears current trunk's "mass-check" is taking a very long time
> (ie. multiple days for 20k messages), without the --net switch.  I
> noticed some warnings previously which referred to the AskDNS plugin.
> is there a possibility this is accessing DNS on each message even
> without --net?
>
> --j.

Do you know when this began?

What distro and perl version do you have?

Warren