Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/05 03:59:02 UTC

'metrics-url' not respect 'base'?

If I'm not misunderstand, in the file 'userconfig.xml', embed-url
should respect 'font-base',
and 'metrics-url' should respect 'base', isn't it?

But in my test, 'metrics-url' not respect 'base', I have to use
absolutely url instead of relative url.

Thanks for some help.

Dongsheng Song

Re: 'metrics-url' not respect 'base'?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
You can set the logging category "org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfo" to
DEBUG level in which case all registered font triplets are listed. But
there's nothing more comfortable, yet. I've one started something but
that's not in a publishable state.

On 05.01.2009 14:47:48 Dongsheng Song wrote:
> Thank you. Is there a way list auto-detect fonts(some chinese fonts
> have invalid/oddness postscript name) ?
>
> 2009/1/5 Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>:
> > If you use <auto-detect/> or the <directory> tag for font configuration,
> > all fonts in the collection will be registered automatically.
> >
> > In FOP Trunk you can also use the "sub-font" attribute on the <font> tag
> > to select a particular font from a collection (not available in 0.95).
> >
> > On 05.01.2009 08:59:43 Dongsheng Song wrote:
> >> But without metrics-url, how to use ttc(TrueType Collections) font ?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: 'metrics-url' not respect 'base'?

Posted by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
If you use <auto-detect/> or the <directory> tag for font configuration,
all fonts in the collection will be registered automatically.

In FOP Trunk you can also use the "sub-font" attribute on the <font> tag
to select a particular font from a collection (not available in 0.95).

On 05.01.2009 08:59:43 Dongsheng Song wrote:
> But without metrics-url, how to use ttc(TrueType Collections) font ?
>
> 2009/1/5 Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>:
> > Dongsheng Song wrote:
> >>
> >> If I'm not misunderstand, in the file 'userconfig.xml', embed-url
> >> should respect 'font-base',
> >> and 'metrics-url' should respect 'base', isn't it?
> >>
> >> But in my test, 'metrics-url' not respect 'base', I have to use
> >> absolutely url instead of relative url.
> >
> > In most cases you shouldn't need to use metrics-url anymore as FOP can
> > generate metrics on the fly since v0.94, i.e. it is sufficient to specify
> > just embed-url.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: 'metrics-url' not respect 'base'?

Posted by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com>.