Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by st...@teamics.com on 2002/08/30 01:24:24 UTC

Are you successfully using DataSources with MySQL?

Okay, instead of trying to figure out what is wrong with my configuration,
maybe I should ask what is right with yours.  If anyone is successfully
using MySQL DataSources with Tomcat 4.0.4, I would like to here from you.

Steve Mitchell
e-Business Architect/Developer
Integrated Corporate Solutions, Inc.
913-685-6506
stevem@teamics.com
www.teamics.com

RE: Are you successfully using DataSources with MySQL?

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Yes.  Just set it up.  Went pretty smoothly though I have to admit I haven't
done a great deal of testing on it yet.

Did you:

1. Download and install dbcp, collections, and pool from the Jarakta Commons
lib, and install them into common/lib?

2.Did you install Connector/J COM and ORG packages into common/classes and
the jar file into common/lib?

3. Did you configure your server.xml file with the correct resource info in
the correct connector node?

4. Did you and reference to these resources in your web apps web.xml file?

5. Did you setup a MySQL account for localhost, with a password that's not
blank (must have a pwd)?

If you'd like I can email you my server.xml and web.xml files for reference.
Email me directly if you'd like to take a look.

BTW, I'm using 4.0.3, not 4.0.4 but I presume its the same ball of wax.

Cheers.
Neal