Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Ford <A....@ford-mason.co.uk> on 2010/03/17 20:06:19 UTC

Documentation writing at the Apache Retreat in Ireland

I have signed up for the Apache Retreat in Wicklow (and my employer is
providing me with time off!).  I had said that I would work on the
Apache HTTPD documentation once I had finished writing "The Apache2
Pocket Reference", but work and real life intervened.  I would be
interested to know whether anyone else is planning on working on
documentation at the retreat, and if there are areas of the
documentation that it was felt could particularly do with some intensive
attention?

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford
South Wing Compton House, Compton Green,

Re: Documentation writing at the Apache Retreat in Ireland

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Mar 17, 2010, at 3:06 PM, Andrew Ford wrote:

> I have signed up for the Apache Retreat in Wicklow (and my employer
> is providing me with time off!).  I had said that I would work on
> the Apache HTTPD documentation once I had finished writing "The
> Apache2 Pocket Reference", but work and real life intervened.  I
> would be interested to know whether anyone else is planning on
> working on documentation at the retreat, and if there are areas of
> the documentation that it was felt could particularly do with some
> intensive attention?

I wish I could be there to help you out with this.

There's a STATUS file in the docs/ directory, which I have been
updating lately. I think two major areas are security and performance,
which are both rather poorly covered. But there's also a lot of other
things that could consume a weekend.

--Rich

Re: Documentation writing at the Apache Retreat in Ireland

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
On 17/03/2010 19:30, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 3/17/2010 2:06 PM, Andrew Ford wrote:
>> I have signed up for the Apache Retreat in Wicklow (and my employer is
>> providing me with time off!).  I had said that I would work on the
>> Apache HTTPD documentation once I had finished writing "The Apache2
>> Pocket Reference", but work and real life intervened.
>
> Happens to us all :)
>
>> I would be
>> interested to know whether anyone else is planning on working on
>> documentation at the retreat, and if there are areas of the
>> documentation that it was felt could particularly do with some intensive
>> attention?
>
> I'm there, and so is Noirin from the docs project.  Other folks?

Igor and I will be too.
--

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com - pctony@apache.org
pctony@freenode.net - tony@caret.cam.ac.uk

http://blog.pc-tony.com

1024D/51047D66

Re: Documentation writing at the Apache Retreat in Ireland

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.