Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/15 13:38:13 UTC

CacheStore and ignite.close

Hello!

I'm working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9093 test fix
Turns out, IgniteDbPutGetWithCacheStoreTest.testReadThrough fails
sporadically because the default ignite.close() is close(cancel=true), and
it seems that it abandons cache store operations. So not all data is
read/written from cache store.

Is it really so? Is it considered safe?

I have a pull request on this topic:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/4545

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: CacheStore and ignite.close

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

It turns out there's some problem with checkpointing-WAL interference.

close(true) cancels current checkpoint, and upon restart some data is
missing from the cache.

We are investigating this.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.