Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Rene Serral-Gracia <rs...@ac.upc.edu> on 2012/05/12 23:12:28 UTC

Threading issues

Hi, I have some doubts regarding Axis2C I hope someone is able to answer.

We are developing a REST web service which requires to share information among
several threads. That is, during the service initialization we create a new
thread that holds some status and spans more threads as necessary by the
system.

Our issue is that when using our module with the standalone server, everything
works fine for low loads, but as already mentioned in other threads in this
mailing list that server does not scale for high loads.

On the other hand when using the module through mod_axis2 (with apache
configured with the mpm-worker) we have quite strange behavior:
- When not using the keyword Axis2GlobalPoolSize our service gets initialized
several times, and we are not able to share information among threads, which
is weird since we should be able to share info among threads. Just in case we
configured apache to span only one process with threads.
- When using global pools the module is initialized just once but once again
the information is not shared among the different threads. We tried using the
axutil_allocator_switch_to_global_pool and its local counterpart to no avail.

Is there any way of making the information in several threads globally
available?, the most strange behavior is that using the standalone server the
code works properly...

Thanks in advance,
	René

René Serral Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
rserral@ac.upc.edu
UPC Campus Nord, Ed. D6-111 Tel: +34 934 054 061 Fax: +34 934 017 055
Barcelona 08034

Advanced Network Architectures Lab (CRAAX)
http://www.craax.upc.edu/
2nd floor, NEAPOLIS building, Rambla Exposicio, 61-69,
08800 Vilanova i la Geltru
Tel: +34 938 967 292