Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org> on 2011/09/24 19:38:14 UTC

User interface observations

Everything I'm reporting is from the perspective of a naive user; no
deep thinking is engaged. Thus, for instance, not realizing I would need
to refresh the pool view in order to pick up a new user that came online
while that view is still bound internally, provoked a bug report that's
not a bug at all.

Now, I am happy to report that Joe is a member of my pool; Joe sent a
message to that pool.  The number of exploratory gestures necessary to
see that message in my pool is the subject of this observation.

I ended up having to look at Streams.
Then I ended up having to select my pool in that stream. But, that's not
enough. I had to turn on a check box that says something about pool filters.

I'm guessing that, over time, I'll recognize just how powerful those
sequences really are; just reporting that they did not come from any
intuitions about the user interface. Not even complaining, just
observing, wondering how else to get there from here...

Jack

Re: User interface observations

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Continuing the saga: Joe creates a tag while in a shared pool. Joe sees
the tag. It does not show up in the views of others, including when the
pool, itself, is selected.  Are tags not public objects visible to all?

The tag *is* in the message viewed in the pool to others, just not in
the tag cloud.

Thanks in advance (still learning)
Jack