Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Ilia Lobsanov <il...@lobsanov.com> on 2002/10/02 23:59:16 UTC

Embperl2.0b8 and Log4perl

I'm using Perl 5.8, mod_perl 1.27, apache 1.3.26, Embperl 2.0b8

I'm trying to export &get_logger in startup.pl ala:

	use Log::Log4perl qw(get_logger);

	use Exporter;
	our @ISA = qw(Exporter);
	our @EXPORT : unique = qw(&get_logger);

I want to access &get_logger in an epl, but it's not working unless I use
Log::Log4perl qw(get_logger) in the epl again.
Amy I doing something wrong?

Re: Embperl2.0b8 and Log4perl

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I'm using Perl 5.8, mod_perl 1.27, apache 1.3.26, Embperl 2.0b8
>
> I'm trying to export &get_logger in startup.pl ala:
>
> use Log::Log4perl qw(get_logger);
>
> use Exporter;
> our @ISA = qw(Exporter);
> our @EXPORT : unique = qw(&get_logger);
>
> I want to access &get_logger in an epl, but it's not working unless I use
> Log::Log4perl qw(get_logger) in the epl again.
> Amy I doing something wrong?

No, that's how the things are, because every page runs in it's own
namespace, you have to import (i.e. use) the get_logger into every page by
adding the use on the top

Gerald