Posted to users@maven.apache.org by De...@emc.com on 2003/04/04 08:41:00 UTC

Major.minor version number in snapshot jar name: how?

Hello,

We often need to develop in parallel. It's easy to set up the nightly build
for the second branch, but when I create snapshot jars during those nightly
builds, they only have a different build time and I can't determine which
snapshot comes from what branch. Since we have a strict version numbering
scheme that maps onto our branching, I would like to get the major.minor
version into the name of the snapshot jar. This would change the file name
from

${project.id}-YYYYMMDD.hhmmss.jar

${project.id}-major.minor.YYYYMMDD.hhmmss.jar

Can I configure this one way or another?

Ringo