Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> on 2021/04/21 15:06:11 UTC

[ANALYST UPDATE] Forrester on Apache CloudStack

Hello Apache CloudStack PMC and Marketing folks --I hope you are well.

A quick heads-up that Forrester contacted me for fact-checking purposes as they're coming out with another report in the Cloud sector.

As many are aware, they have historically leaned very pro-OtherStack (pay-to-play, after all), and have minimized CloudStack.

I updated their statement to read:

> Apache CloudStack powers billions of dollars in transactions and  mission-critical clouds for some of the world’s largest users and service providers, including Alcatel-Lucent, Apple, Autodesk, Bell Canada, BT, China Telecom, Dell, Disney, Fujitsu, Huawei, INRIA, Juniper Networks, Korea Telecom, Leaseweb, Melbourne University, Nokia, NTT, Orange, SAP, Schuberg Philis, Taiwan Mobile, Tata, TrendMicro, Verizon, WebMD, and countless others.

Here's hoping they include it verbatim.

I'll keep you posted on further developments.

Best,
Sally

+ also saw this today https://www.openpr.com/news/2272687/apache-cloudstack-presents-its-new-vp-gabriel-brascher

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

Re: [ANALYST UPDATE] Forrester on Apache CloudStack

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Ivet.

They are not conducting briefings at this time. I don't know the exact focus of the report, but they are not featuring  CloudStack beyond inclusion in the "industry landscape" summary.

I'll be happy to pitch the new version and UI for possible future consideration.

Best,
Sally

- - -

Posted by Ivet Petrova <iv...@shapeblue.com>.