Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com> on 2005/02/10 01:01:57 UTC

juddi registry

I just installed the juddi registry.  the doco's on the site are a
touch out of date (for example, the doco for mysql is painful, but you
have a nice little script that just tried and it works splendidly.)
the 'happyjuddi.jsp' is a brilliant idea - very studly how easy that
was.  I think it took me about 10 minutes from start to having a happy
juddi.

Now....  what are the URLs, publishing and inquiry?  I can't seem to
find that documented....

thanks

geir@gluecode.com

Re: juddi registry

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
you sure?  looking at the web.xml for the regular juddi webapp, I find :

<servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>jUDDIAdminServlet</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/admin</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>jUDDIInquiryServlet</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/inquiry</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>jUDDIPublishServlet</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/publish</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

which makes me think that I'm running the right stuff?

geir@gluecode.com

RE: juddi registry

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net>.
Excellent.  Sounds like you've had a full and productive day.

;)

Steve

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.

geir@gluecode.com

RE: juddi registry

On Feb 9, 2005, at 8:48 PM, Steve Viens wrote:

> Geir, it sounds as though you've got the jUDDI Registry installed.
> The URLS for inquiry and publish are:
>
>   http://host:port/juddi/inquiry
>   http://host:port/juddi/publish
>
> The Cocoon application that Harvey mentioned is a new contribution to
> jUDDI from Andreas Wombacher. It's a separate web-based UI for
> interacting with any UDDI registry - a web-based UDDI Browser. From
> what I've gathered chatting with you today it's not something you're
> in need of right now.

Yep. Deduced the URLs from the web.xml.  I assume that the
username/passwords in juddi-users.xml are ok to use out of the box?
I'm getting

     [java]  >Error Code: E_unknownUser
     [java]  >Error Info Text: The user ID and password pair passed in a

geir@gluecode.com

Re: juddi registry

Posted by Andreas Wombacher <a....@utwente.nl>.
Hi,

I haver two potential tips for you:
1) the web gui as it is right now reguires to have a user juddi with
password juddi. f you do not provide this user in the PUBLISHER database
  table then it will not work
2) please try http://localhost:8080/cocoon/web-gui/index instead of
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/web-gui/
although both options should work equally (and they do in my
installation) some other people had experienced problems with this already.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further problems and
whether it is working now.

Best regards
Andreas

RE: juddi registry

Re: juddi registry

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.

geir@gluecode.com

RE: juddi registry

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net>.
Geir, it sounds as though you've got the jUDDI Registry installed.  The
URLS for inquiry and publish are:

  http://host:port/juddi/inquiry
  http://host:port/juddi/publish

The Cocoon application that Harvey mentioned is a new contribution to
jUDDI from Andreas Wombacher. It's a separate web-based UI for
interacting with any UDDI registry - a web-based UDDI Browser. From what
I've gathered chatting with you today it's not something you're in need
of right now.

RE:

>>> I just installed the juddi registry.  the doco's on the site are a
>>> touch out of date (for example, the doco for mysql is painful...

We try to keep work on jUDDI moving along but there's always room for
improvement and when it comes to doc there will always be a need to
update it.  Any updates or suggestions are appreciated.

Steve

> thanks, but I'm a bit confused... isn't what I have running now a UDDI

> registry?
>
> On Feb 9, 2005, at 7:38 PM, harveyj@objectconsulting.com.au wrote:
>

>> Geir,
>>
>> You can find the Cocoon application from the juddi cvs repsotory (I
>> could not remember where it is stored).  To install it, follow the
>> instructions
>> from Andreas:
>>
>>    -build clean
>>    -build webapp
>>    -build war
>>    -copy the web-gui directory to build/webapp.
>>    -cocoon servlet
>>    -Open http://localhost:8888/web-gui/ or
>>          http://localhost:8888/cocoon/web-gui/index
>>      (The welcome page was displayed)
>>
>> Hope this is helpful!
>>
>> Regards, Harvey
>>
>>> I just installed the juddi registry.  the doco's on the site are a
>>> touch out of date (for example, the doco for mysql is painful, but
>>> you have a nice little script that just tried and it works
>>> splendidly.) the 'happyjuddi.jsp' is a brilliant idea - very studly
>>> how easy that was.  I think it took me about 10 minutes from start
>>> to having a happy juddi.
>>>
>>> Now....  what are the URLs, publishing and inquiry?  I can't seem to

>>> find that documented....
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437
>>> geir@gluecode.com

> geir@gluecode.com

Re: juddi registry

Posted by ha...@objectconsulting.com.au.