Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de> on 2014/04/01 10:55:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC5

Hi,

the fifth release candidate of Apache UIMA Ruta v2.2.0 is ready for voting.

Changes in RC5 since RC4:
- fixed relative path to parent pom
- (UIMA-3307) Ruta project references closed project
- (UIMA-3269) Imported type system specified with broken url
- (UIMA-3607) Improve auto-completion functionality for type system import
- (UIMA-3352) absolute vs. relative paths in auto generated engine.xml
- (UIMA-3147) Invisible wildcard match in Ruta should not be applied
- (UIMA-2900) Refactor Ruta IDE validators

Changes in RC4 since RC3:
- ruta-docbook maven.deploy.skip=true
- changed UimafitTest to work without external txt file
- replaced backslashes in ruta-core pom
- added syntax checks of references in EXEC action
- enabled autocompletion on uimafit analysis engines
- (UIMA-3668) Ruta Workbench: Load type system descriptor from maven
dependencies
- (UIMA-3678) Ruta: Trim Action throws Nullpointer on fully trimmed
Annotations
- (UIMA-3207) Investigate if all streams and scanners are closed in Ruta
- (UIMA-3683) Ruta: Add block that stops after first applied statement
- (UIMA-3679) Ruta documentation mentions wordlist with wrong quoting

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1014/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-2.2.0

Update site:
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.2.0-rc5/eclipse-update-site/ruta/

Archive with all sources:
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.2.0-rc5/ruta-2.2.0-source-release.zip

Overall 78 issues have been fixed for this release.
They can be found in the RELEASE_NOTES.html and here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.2.0ruta%20AND%20component%20%3D%20ruta%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

Major Changes in this Release

UIMA Ruta Language and Analysis Engine:
- Major performance improvements
- Improved import type functionality and handling of ambiguous short names
- Support of block extensions for rule inference adaptions
- Options to determine where the next match should start
- Requires at least Java 6
- Many bug fixes

UIMA Ruta Workbench:
- Smaller improvements in many views
- Support of mixin Java/Ruta projects
- Many bug fixes

ONLY FOR REVIEWING:

Documentation (pdf file):
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.2.0-rc5/tools.ruta.book.pdf

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

Peter

Re: [VOTE][CANCELLED] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC5

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
preparing new RC...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 RC5

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 4/9/2014 3:33 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
> Thanks, Marhsall. Overall, it is obious to me, but I probably got just a
> bit upset yesterday that we did not get it right in the first place.

I think the license stuff is hard, and projects gradually figure out (climb
learning curves) how to do this part better and better.

I also think that part of the value of Apache projects is a certain high level
confidence users feel in having the licensing / notices things well looked after :-)

-Marshall

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 4/8/2014 3:47 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
> Am 08.04.2014 09:40, schrieb Peter Klügl:
>> ...Reading this with the fact in mind that the dependency is a library
>> developed and released by ASF, one can easily think that the license
>> file does not need to be changed. Isn't there only one license for a
>> released artifact at ASF? Peter

If the dependency is a library developed and released by the ASF, and it doesn't
require any license other than the Apache v2 license, then you don't need to
repeat that license.

However, in this case, the library artifact developers have decided (for reasons
I don't know) that they need to include licenses other than the Apache v2
license, for their distributed artifact (their JAR, which, we are, in turn,
redistributing), which, means, I think, that if we are (re)distributing their
artifact, we have to bubble up their licenses to our top level, or have an
alternative licensing statement / strategy that describes what re-bundlers of
our work would need to know/do.

-Marshall

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
compared svn-tag with source-release - OK
deleted uima folder in .m2
mvn clean install svn-tag - OK
deleted uima folder in .m2
mvn clean install source-release - OK

checked some license/notice of artifacts(-sources) - OK
problems identified in previous reviews still occur:
license/notice javadocs of some artifacts contains mention of icon
attribution, should be fixed sometimes

installed workbench in kepler sr1 with uima features present - OK
created project and tested a simple script - OK

[X] +1 OK to release

Peter