Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Rhino <rh...@sympatico.ca> on 2011/10/30 18:14:33 UTC

Question re Javadoc task

  How do I tell the javadoc task which doctype I want for my generated
Javadocs? It is generating HTML 4.01 but I want it to generate XHTML1.0.

I don't see anything in the javadoc parameters in the Ant Manual that
specifies the HTML doctype.....

--
Rhino

Re: Question re Javadoc task

Posted by Rhino <rh...@sympatico.ca>.
  I've solved this problem for myself. My objective was to be able to
display accented letters correctly in my Javadocs, such as the French "e
acute", and I managed to accomplish that by adding these options to the
Javadoc command:

             encoding="UTF-8" docencoding="UTF-8" charset="UTF-8"

I'm not sure all of them were necessary but it works fine now so I'm
going to leave it alone.

--
Rhino

Re: Question re Javadoc task

Posted by Michael Ludwig <mi...@gmx.de>.
Rhino schrieb am 30.10.2011 um 13:14 (-0400):

>  How do I tell the javadoc task which doctype I want for my
> generated Javadocs? It is generating HTML 4.01 but I want it to
> generate XHTML1.0.

Isn't javadoc always that rusty-trusty HTML 4.01? Take a look at the
source of this page, HTML 4.01, tags all upper-case, TABLE and all:

http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/String.html

> I don't see anything in the javadoc parameters in the Ant Manual
> that specifies the HTML doctype.....

You could post-process the generated docs using TagSoup and then
apply an XSLT. Probably not worth the effort, though …

--
Michael Ludwig