Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie> on 2003/12/03 12:46:35 UTC

NotSerializableException - DBCP

Hello,

I have not been using the "shutdown" command when restarting Tomcat in Windows but now that I have I get exception traces for all my Session beans on shutting down and then again for each of two connection objects when starting up.

Is this simply that the DBCP package's PoolableConnection Class does not implement Serializable?  If so how can I get it to implement this.  Is there any way to use a "destroy" method to remove the connection pool from the equation before persisting?  Maybe using a SessionListener?

All my session beans implement Serializable.

StandardHost[www.myhostname.com]: Removing web application at context path
StandardManager[]: Cannot serialize session attribute userSession for session 44B5000FB88CCCEDE215D47D3DAAFF9A
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1143)
        ... etc.

Thanks in advance,

Andoni.

Tomcat 4.0.4