Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/26 13:53:09 UTC

[M2] Missing dependencies using Hibernate3.0.5

Hi,

When I try to use Maven2 including Hibernate 3.0.5 as a dependency the
build process stops due to some missing dependencies
(javax.transaction:jta:1.0.1B:jar, javax.security:jacc:1.0:jar, ...).
I'm using only the default repository (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
and I guess those jars cannot be included there due to some licensing
restrictions from Sun, although they have their corresponding POM. The
question is, what am I supposed to do with those jars? Should I
download them from Sun and copy them into my local repository? Should
the whole development team do the same?

Thanks in advance, best regards
Jose

Re: [M2] Missing dependencies using Hibernate3.0.5

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:

>Hi,
>
>When I try to use Maven2 including Hibernate 3.0.5 as a dependency the
>build process stops due to some missing dependencies
>(javax.transaction:jta:1.0.1B:jar, javax.security:jacc:1.0:jar, ...).
>I'm using only the default repository (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>and I guess those jars cannot be included there due to some licensing
>restrictions from Sun, although they have their corresponding POM. The
>question is, what am I supposed to do with those jars? Should I
>download them from Sun and copy them into my local repository? Should
>the whole development team do the same?
>
>Thanks in advance, best regards
>Jose

Hi

after you download the jars, you can use the following command to
install it to your repository

m2 install:install-file \
     -DgroupId=<groupId> \
     -DartifactId=<artifactId> \
     -Dversion=<version> \
     -Dpackaging=<packageType> \
     -Dfile=<path-to-file>

note: this command is just a single line.

Regards,
allan

Re: [M2] Missing dependencies using Hibernate3.0.5

Posted by Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>.
On 26.07.2005, at 13:53, Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
> When I try to use Maven2 including Hibernate 3.0.5 as a dependency the
> build process stops due to some missing dependencies
> (javax.transaction:jta:1.0.1B:jar, javax.security:jacc:1.0:jar, ...).
> I'm using only the default repository (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> and I guess those jars cannot be included there due to some licensing
> restrictions from Sun, although they have their corresponding POM.

Correct.

> The
> question is, what am I supposed to do with those jars? Should I
> download them from Sun and copy them into my local repository? Should
> the whole development team do the same?

Either install them in each developers local repotitory, or in a
shared, company-wide repository.

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/maven-model/maven.html#class_Repository

Cheers,
-Ralph.