Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by hezjing <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 09:30:47 UTC

Vote

Hi

May I know if the vote is for everyone on the mailing-list, or it is
only meant for the commiters?

--

Hez

Re: Vote

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.
To clarify this a little bit, all binding votes come from Project
Management Committee (PMC) members, not committers (all PMC members are
committers, btw).   It is the PMC that makes the decisions for Apache
projects.

That being said, it is still important for _everyone_ in the community
to vote so that the PMC better knows how to manage a project and what
direction the project should go.

-Mike

Re: Vote

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hez,

Vote are open to everyone, as in any democratic system, but only
committers vote do really matter, as in any meritocraty ;)

I fact, we distinguished between 'binding votes' (vote from
committers) and  'non binding vote' (vote from everyone else). Be sure
that if many non binding votes are -1, then we might reconsider the
release, so your vote is usefull.

Of course, if you -1 a release, you will have to give some reasons for
this vote to be taken in consideration !

Hope it helps

On 10/3/07, hezjing <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> May I know if the vote is for everyone on the mailing-list, or it is
> only meant for the commiters?
>

> --
>
> Hez

Cordialement,