Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Bill Schindler <de...@bitranch.com> on 2000/02/08 02:39:17 UTC

Xerces-C - Mac and OS/2 ports

I need Macintosh and OS/2 ports of Xerces-C. From the state of the projects and
code specific to both platforms, neither one appears to have been updated in
quite a while. (It looks like the original stuff inherited from xml4c.) Is
anyone working on porting to either platform?

--Bill

Re: Xerces-C - Mac and OS/2 ports

Posted by Rahul Jain <ra...@apache.org>.
> I am attaching the patches and new files necessary for the OS/2 VisualAge C++
> 4.0 port of Xerces-C. (Dean Roddey told me that you're the person to get this,
> so...)

> I have bundled everything into a single zip file. If you prefer it gzipped or
> in some other format, let me know.

Hi Bill,

I have recvd. your OS/2 port changes and will merge them in after we are
done with Xerces-C 1.1.0. Sorry for this late ack. Your mail had been
sitting in my account on locus.apache.org which I normally don't
check.

If you are tracking the CVS commit messages, then soon you should see
the one announcing the merge of the OS/2 patch.

Thank you,

rahul

Re: Xerces-C - Mac and OS/2 ports

Posted by Bill Schindler <de...@bitranch.com>.
"Rahul Jain" <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
> I have recvd. your OS/2 port changes and will merge them in after we are
> done with Xerces-C 1.1.0.

I just sent Rahul the OS/2 VAC++ 4.0 project files needed to build the samples.
That almost wraps it for a basic port using the Iconv transcoder. (I still need
to add build instructions for the samples.)

If anyone is interested, I can provide binaries. Just give me a shout.

--Bill