Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Suriyanarayanan, Senthil Kumar" <se...@capitalone.com> on 2001/04/26 01:00:26 UTC

What is token and When/Why/Where to use it?

Hello,
	I would like to know what is the significant of the token in the
Action class.
Also I would like to know when/Why/Where to use it.

Thanks in advance,
Senthil Kumar.S

The Information transmitted herewith is sensitive information intended only
for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is

Re: What is token and When/Why/Where to use it?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Mostly to keep people from pressing submit more than once, which can
result things like duplicate sales.

In the action that prepares the form, call saveToken(request).

In the action the processes the form, check isTokenValid(request)). If
it is not valid, you can send them to an error or help page. If it is
valid, resetToken(request) and process.

Posted by Jonathan <ja...@i-2000.com>.
Im not sure...but if you get more please pass one my way