Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Sankar Sangili <sa...@tcs.com> on 2015/11/12 13:36:20 UTC

Font Cache is taking a lot of time

 HI

We are using PDF box for printing receipts of various dimensions using pdf
box using applet. We tried with version 1.8.10 and we were facing
alignment issues, but with 2.0.0 everything looks good. But we are facing
performance problem .

When we try to print using applet loading of fonts , it takes around 40
secs. This is because it is trying to load the system fonts.

I could see some mail chains on the same , would like to know, what should
be the suggested solution for our case.

Regards,
Sankar S
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Font Cache is taking a lot of time

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

> Am 12.11.2015 um 13:36 schrieb Sankar Sangili <sa...@tcs.com>:
>
> HI
>
> We are using PDF box for printing receipts of various dimensions using pdf
> box using applet. We tried with version 1.8.10 and we were facing
> alignment issues, but with 2.0.0 everything looks good. But we are facing
> performance problem .
>

> When we try to print using applet loading of fonts , it takes around 40
> secs. This is because it is trying to load the system fonts.

that should happen only for the first time. Which version of PDFBox 2.0.0 are you using? Please test with the latest snapshot if the issue is still valid http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/ <http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/>

BR
Maruan