Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/01/06 19:45:09 UTC

[OT] Re: Maven Warning. Ubuntu Users

On 06/01/2020 18:37, Zahid Rahman wrote:
> To all ubuntu Maven  users.

This is off-topic for this mailing list.

Please keep posts on this list on topic.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: [OT] Re: Maven Warning. Ubuntu Users.; javacodegeeks.com : Global Impact at the highest levels.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
It was more of a "why are you posting this here" than a recap of multiple
inheritance in Java (which I feel reasonably comfortable with).

--
tw: @dave_newton <https://twitter.com/dave_newton>
li: dave-newton <https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-newton/>

Re: [OT] Re: Maven Warning. Ubuntu Users.; javacodegeeks.com : Global Impact at the highest levels.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
After some  years of commercial software development experience It dawned
on me
that I have  gathered a  new sense.
I don't know what the name for that sense is.
This sense shows me what components I need to make an application.
An application which solves many problems I know of.
I call it a prototype application.

You could say that I have a sense for system integration.
To do integration  I  do many "hello world"  exercises to see if that
"hello world"
will address a certain problem  which will appear in an application of that
type.

THAT SAID.

I am using UBUNTU  18 , actually KUBUNTU because in my view it is the most
stable linux operating system. I have never have any problems with it all
ever.

Naturally I use apt-get install to download software such as MAVEN , like
all linux users.

Once I had  downloaded maven I was using it for a number of JAVA components
or more accurately JAVA paradigms{frameworks}. The "hello world"  I mention
tests and runs  paradigms and to see if a particular paradigm will be a
part of or  a component of my prototype application.

THAT SAID. I didn't want to say any of it  because that is fruit of my
labour.

I was  running  these maven program  by copy and paste  from link below.
https://struts.apache.org/maven-archetypes/

I was getting same warnings I had got from other "hello world" runs.
As my goal is to integrate components in to one application these repeated
warnings became a concern to me.

SO
I went to the maven user group to find out what the issue was.
I did find out what the issue is and it is relevant struts because of this
page.
https://struts.apache.org/maven-archetypes/
in my opinion.

SO
I decided to share the fruit of my labour with effected parties and also
bugs were raised as a result by relevant concerned person.

SO in light of the above  if any one persons agrees with that codewallop of
political , non-technical post, non relevant off topic .  Then please log
me off as a troll and ban me forever OR  apologise and admit that your
technical level is 300 feet below mine.

compliment of
Backbutton.co.uk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
♡۶Java♡۶RMI ♡۶
Write Once Run From Anywhere

<http://www.backbutton.co.uk>

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

________________________________

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
What?

Fwd: [OT] Re: Maven Warning. Ubuntu Users.; javacodegeeks.com : Global Impact at the highest levels.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
I am going to put all your emails attacking me on my website.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
This is off-topic.

As per my previous email in this thread, please stop this behaviour and
keep your posts on-topic.

Mark

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
I am responding to statement made by lersencrypt guy with evidence.
Statement  he made on this list. It is known as right to respond.

Posted by calder <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zahid <za...@gmail.com>.
ok

Thank you.

www.backbutton.co.uk
♡۶¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ♡۶
Marriage of loose and tight coupling
-> healthy applications
               ♡۶
javac Garden/Vegetables/VineVegetable.java
java   Garden.Vegetables.VineVegetable
What No!  -classpath -class-path even -cp!

On 08/01/2020 09:48, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 08/01/2020 08:41, Peter Kreuser wrote:
>> Zahid,
>>
>> you‘re talking to one of the most respected members of the community
> like this?
>
> All participants in Apache communities are expected to follow the code
> of conduct:
>
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html
>
> This is irrespective of whether you are replying to a message from one
> of the founders of the ASF or a first time contributor.
>
>> STFU or leave.
> While I understand the frustration, statements like the above are only
> going to add heat to an already heated situation. Please try and refrain
> from such responses.
>
>> This calls for an ban!
> As one of the list moderators, that thought crossed my mind as soon as I
> saw the off-topic Linux vs Windows post. I hoped that it was a one-off.
> When it became clear that it wasn't, I posted my request to keep threads
> on topic. I hoped that would be sufficient. Clearly it wasn't.
>
> I would urge everyone not to reply to off-topic posts.
>
> If you want to bring a post you find problematic to the attention of the
> moderators then please feel free to mail the list moderators at:
> users-owner@tomcat.apache.org

>>> MAVEN
>>> MAVEN

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: [OT] Re: Maven Warning. Ubuntu Users Ban him for abusive behaviour.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
15 years ago I pointed in detail what I expect from a professional  tool

That tool has been sent to.

You are a classpath class-path people
.
I am  -cp kind of person.

He makes you feel comfortable because you are lost and confused. He is too.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
You can STFU.

He doesn't even know about an what in API is  ?

Posted by Peter Kreuser <lo...@kreuser.name>.
Zahid,

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by zahid <za...@gmail.com>.
Thank you sir.

I was truly lucky because I don't know how this Apache organisation
works at the moment.

Now I can prototype a rather complex skeleton application I am working
on with a stable

environment, without concern for platform warnings.

Best Regards

Zahid

secure by design http
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idViw4anA6E&t=1276s
               ♡۶
www.backbutton.co.uk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
It was the maven team which informed me the issue is with ubuntu compiling
wrong classes incorrectly as described.

Now all my software is running without warnings.

I can also use any jdk  even the bleeding jdk version.

People are using maven and jdk with Tomcat.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.