Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Keith Brown <ke...@kay2bee.plus.com> on 2016/12/17 13:27:14 UTC

Copying Worksheets

Hi,

I’ve been using OpenOffice for a couple of months but now suddenly find I cannot copy a worksheet in a spreadsheet workbook.

When I select Edit>Sheet> the Move/Copy option is no longer highlighted to use nor the Delete option.

I’m guessing it must be to do with have access rights but can you please help me find what I need to do?

Thanks,

K Brown

Re: Copying Worksheets

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 13:27 17/12/2016 +0000, Keith Brown wrote:
>I've been using OpenOffice for a couple of months but now suddenly
>find I cannot copy a worksheet in a spreadsheet workbook.

You are suffering from MicrosoftNamingItis. In OpenOffice, the sheets
of a spreadsheet document are called "sheets" and the spreadsheet
document is called a "spreadsheet". There are no workthises or workthats.

>When I select Edit>Sheet> the Move/Copy option is no longer
>highlighted to use nor the Delete option. I'm guessing it must be to
>do with access rights ...

I'm guessing too, but there are two obvious possibilities:

o You have the spreadsheet open in read-only mode. Click the Edit
File button in the Standard toolbar. If the original is marked as
read-only in your operating system, this will offer to create a copy
which you can then edit.

o The spreadsheet is set up for sharing - simultaneous editing by
multiple users. If this is not intentional, go to Tools | Share
Document... and remove the tick from "Share this spreadsheet with other users".

The option at Edit | Sheet > | Delete... is also disabled if you have
selected multiple sheets simultaneously, using Ctrl+click on the
sheet tabs - but that doesn't sound as if it is what you have done here.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker