Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Crackle <bj...@yahoo.com> on 2011/06/24 01:25:23 UTC

How to Search

Trying to figure out how to do the following search:

item1 AND item2 OR item3 within 10 words of item4* OR item5*

What I did is the following:

item1 AND "((item2 OR item3) (item4* OR item5*))"~10

but then I find out that I can't use wildcards in a phrase.

Is there any solution for what I am trying to do?

Re: How to Search

Posted by Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu>.
Look up span queries.