Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org> on 2002/07/27 19:34:10 UTC

Struts emblem for web site

I know the O'Reilly animal has been picked,
however I did some research and I would suggest
a 'starfish' as web site graphic.
Here is my chain of reasoning,
along with some great images:

Recall, Struts are used to create a structure.

1) Searching on google for struts images I came across:

         http://graphics.stanford.edu/~munzner/dome/struts/

    this reminded be of a starfish. The starfish can be seem to grow
    and change both individually and in communities.

2) From there I searched for images of starfish and I came across
    a 1990 SIGGRAPH "A Sequence from the Evolution of Form" by
    William Latham.

    The film shows the continual metamorphosis of a complex 3D form.
    A 3D form metamorphoses from a swirling random cloud of eggs and
    into starfish structure and then changes shape into a webbed plant
    form.

    Read a full description here:
     http://www.isea.qc.ca/symposium/archives/films90/f3.html

3) Then searching for 'William Latham'