Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2015/06/05 11:44:51 UTC

Maps in Flex: MapQuest retirement of Flash Maps API and Mobile Flash Maps API in near future

Hi Flex users,

I will share an info I received from MapQuest:

MapQuest wrote me in May:

"One word of caution; we're getting ready to announce the retirement of our Flash Maps API and Mobile Flash Maps API (both Enterprise Edition and Free & Open equivalents) due to a declining user base.  The announcement will be made within the next month and the product will be fully retired within the next 12-18 months, so you may want to reconsider the use of the API.

[..]

We haven't officially posted a retirement announcement at this point, but you can share with with the Apache Flex User mailing list if you would like to do so.  The announcement will likely be made mid-June and at that point the retirement will be official and timeline will be in effect. "

So this shouldn’t be used for (new) projects anymore. So it’s the best way to wait for flexJS with Google Maps. ;-)

Thanks.

Marcus