Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/18 16:26:40 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0 release.

This release will include these features:

[ARTEMIS-2666] - Add management for duplicate ID cache
[ARTEMIS-2726] - Implement min/max expiry-delay
[ARTEMIS-2738] - Implement per-acceptor security domains
[ARTEMIS-2739] - Artemis health check tool
[ARTEMIS-2758] - Support disabling metrics per address
[ARTEMIS-2761] - Supporting QUOTED-IDS on expressions to align with qpid-jms

There was a significant improvement in AMQP. With a recent fix in Flow
control combined with previous changes in scheduling, Performance in
AMQP is significant fast to any previous version. I personally spent
time on profiling AMQP and the server does not show much fat to cut on
processing, which means.. that's really fast.

AMQP is a serious contender to even Artemis Core protocol.

The release notes is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12348088

The git commit report is here:
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.13.0

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.13.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1209

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.13.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by brusdev <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Domenico

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
+1

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 11:18 PM Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 well done!!
>
> Il lun 18 mag 2020, 18:57 Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > +1.
> >
> > On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 12:26 AM Clebert Suconic <
> > clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0 release.
> > >

> > > This release will include these features:
> > >
> > > [ARTEMIS-2666] - Add management for duplicate ID cache
> > > [ARTEMIS-2726] - Implement min/max expiry-delay
> > > [ARTEMIS-2738] - Implement per-acceptor security domains
> > > [ARTEMIS-2739] - Artemis health check tool
> > > [ARTEMIS-2758] - Support disabling metrics per address
> > > [ARTEMIS-2761] - Supporting QUOTED-IDS on expressions to align with
> > > qpid-jms
> > >
> > > There was a significant improvement in AMQP. With a recent fix in Flow
> > > control combined with previous changes in scheduling, Performance in
> > > AMQP is significant fast to any previous version. I personally spent
> > > time on profiling AMQP and the server does not show much fat to cut on
> > > processing, which means.. that's really fast.
> > >
> > > AMQP is a serious contender to even Artemis Core protocol.
> > >
> > > The release notes is here:
> > >

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12348088
> > >
> > > The git commit report is here:
> > >
> > http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.13.0
> > >

> > > Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.13.0/
> > >
> > > The Maven repository is here:
> > >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1209
> > >
> > > In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> > >

> > http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
> > >

> > > The source tag:
> > >

> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.13.0
> > >

> > > I will update the website after the vote has passed.
> > >

> > > [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> > > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> > >

> > > Here's my +1

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 well done!!

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
The release has now been synced to Maven Central.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I could push release on nexus and I pushed SVN.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thats fair enough and I figured that may be the case but didnt want to
type a longer mail at 12:30am hehe.  Short version: I think it would
have been fine either way as the source is the release really, and
anything needing a redeploy would as likely have lead to a 2.13.1 vote
anyway given this one was already closed by then.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 17:26, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0 release.
>

> This release will include these features:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2666] - Add management for duplicate ID cache
> [ARTEMIS-2726] - Implement min/max expiry-delay
> [ARTEMIS-2738] - Implement per-acceptor security domains
> [ARTEMIS-2739] - Artemis health check tool
> [ARTEMIS-2758] - Support disabling metrics per address
> [ARTEMIS-2761] - Supporting QUOTED-IDS on expressions to align with qpid-jms
>
> There was a significant improvement in AMQP. With a recent fix in Flow
> control combined with previous changes in scheduling, Performance in
> AMQP is significant fast to any previous version. I personally spent
> time on profiling AMQP and the server does not show much fat to cut on
> processing, which means.. that's really fast.
>
> AMQP is a serious contender to even Artemis Core protocol.
>
> The release notes is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12348088
>
> The git commit report is here:
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.13.0
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.13.0/
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1209
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The source tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.13.0
>

> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>

> Here's my +1

+1 (non-binding)

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in archives.
- Verified licence headers in the source archive by running:
  "mvn apache-rat:check -DskipLicenseCheck=false"
- Ran the source build and then the AMQP related integration tests with:
  "mvn clean install -DskipTests && cd tests/integration-tests/ && mvn
-Ptests -Dtest=org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.amqp.*
test"
- Ran Qpid JMS master HelloWorld against a broker started using the
binary archive.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1, thanks for doing the release

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1