Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by k deepthi <kd...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/09/17 11:37:28 UTC

Assign to xsl:variable

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to assign the current page number to an xsl:variable and to check a condition related to that. Please help me how can I assign the page number to a variable.

Regards
Deepthi.

      Connect more, do more and share more with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn more. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Assign to xsl:variable

Posted by Pascal SANCHO <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,

k deepthi a écrit :
> Hi Team,
>
> I have a requirement to assign the current page number to an
> xsl:variable and to check a condition related to that. Please help me
> how can I assign the page number to a variable.
>
> Regards
> Deepthi.

XML to PDF conversion can be interpreted as 2 independant stages:
1/ XML to XSLFO stage: XSL variables are assigned during this stage
2/ XSLFO to PDF stage: page numbers are determined during this stage.

Therefore you cannot assign a page-number to an XSL variable.

You should explain what you want to get or do, since other ways can be
visited (fo:conditional-page-master-reference, post-processing with
itext, work on FOP Intermediate Format, etc.)

Pascal