Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Pugalia, Jai P (JP)" <jp...@avaya.com> on 2005/07/22 02:15:27 UTC

Application doesn't respond at all

Hi,

I have a JSF web application deployed on Tomcat 5.0.28. Initially the
application works normally and then it goes into a state where it stops
responding to user requests from the browser. Once the application
enters this state, even if a new browser window is launched, none of the
application pages are accessible. Tomcat home page is still accessible
implying that Tomcat is in good state. There are some background threads
in the application and these continue to execute. However none of the
web pages are shown in the browser window. The Tomcat logs do not
provide any clues as to where the application is getting stuck. The only
way out is to restart Tomcat.

Any suggestions on how to figure out where the request for the
application is being held up?

Thanks,
JP

Re: Application doesn't respond at all

Posted by Anoop kumar V <an...@gmail.com>.
Seems like some application/class is consuming too many
thread/resources... I would suggest you use some profiling tool to
understand your problem better - I personally prefer JMeter - but
there are lots of tools available for this purpose.

HTH
Anoop

On 7/21/05, Pugalia, Jai P (JP) <jp...@avaya.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a JSF web application deployed on Tomcat 5.0.28. Initially the
> application works normally and then it goes into a state where it stops
> responding to user requests from the browser. Once the application
> enters this state, even if a new browser window is launched, none of the
> application pages are accessible. Tomcat home page is still accessible
> implying that Tomcat is in good state. There are some background threads
> in the application and these continue to execute. However none of the
> web pages are shown in the browser window. The Tomcat logs do not
> provide any clues as to where the application is getting stuck. The only
> way out is to restart Tomcat.
>
> Any suggestions on how to figure out where the request for the
> application is being held up?
>
> Thanks,
> JP

Thanks and best regards,